My Favorite Farmer’s Market Salad
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, tarragon, dill, mint
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 medium bunch green leaf lettuce (about 8 ounces)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium ear corn, shucked
- 6 medium radishes
- 1 medium avocado
- Protein Options: (2) Hard -boiled Eggs or 1 can of cooked/rinsed chickpeas
- Crumbled Goat or Sheep Cheese (optional)
Make the dressing:
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl until emulsified and well-combined; set aside.
Make the salad:
- Cut the lettuce leaves crosswise into thin shreds and place in a large bowl. Core and dice the tomatoes; add to the bowl. Trim the cucumber, dice, and add to the bowl. Cut the corn kernels from the cob and add to the bowl. Trim and thinly slice the radishes, and add to the bowl. Halve and pit the avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice, and add to the bowl. Add the eggs or chickpeas and cheese to the bowl.
- Drizzle dressing on and toss to combine. Best eaten the same day. You can easily make the dressing a day or two ahead.